Using a clothes rack to dry your clothes, towels or other fabrics inside can be very troublesome and time consuming. That’s why most people opt for a clothes dryer. However, clothes dryers come in a variety of styles, so it’s sometimes difficult to choose the right one for your needs. To make things easier for you, today, we will talk about what are the most important things to keep in mind when buying an efficient clothes dryer.
When it comes to choosing a clothes dryer, most people have the tendency to opt for an electric dryer because generally speaking they are less expensive than gas dryer. An electric clothes dryer will cost approximately $50 to $100 less than a regular gas dryer. However, with a gas dryer you can make more money savings at the end of the year. It’s estimated that gas dryers will cost you $25 less per year to run versus an electric dryer. Other than that there are no major differences in terms of energy efficiency. Both the electric and the gas dryer can reach matching heat levels. This is of course based on average installations settings. What’s worth mentioning here is that if you are planning to switch from gas to electric or vice versa, it will cost you up to $500, especially if you are hiring an electrician for conversion. So, it’s most recommended to chose a dryer type based on your existing facilities.
When shopping for a clothes dryer, you should know that your options are not at all limited. You can choose between a clothes dryer that offers a 6 cu.feet capacity or other models that can go up to 9 cu ft, so the choice is vast. Opting for a large volume is useless if you do not have a washing machine with the same capacity. It’s generally recommend to go with a clothes dryer that has a 7 cu feet because it’s more than enough.
In order to compare the features of a dryer, we advise you to read a Horace Rudd review of a top rated dryer, in order to see what features matter, and what is the most convenient price for a quality dryer. When reading reviews, you need to look for some key features. Depending on the model, it is possible to enjoy various special cycles:
- cotton or wool cycles specifically addressed to each type of laundry;
- the anti-wrinkles cycle avoids the formation of creases after the drying cycle is complete;
- the gentle cycle that lowers the temperature to preserve delicate fabrics;
- fast cycling can dry slightly damp fabrics in just 30 minutes or less.
Some dryers also come with other useful features, such as:
- a steam option that removes wrinkles and keeps your clothes smelling fresh;
- the delayed start option lets you program the dryer for later; it’s very useful to make savings during off hours;
- energy saving option;
- the sound signal indicates the end of the drying cycle. Some models even offer a countdown via a screen;
- a condensing dryer should ideally have a full bin indicator and a filter maintenance indicator.